looking forward to the show tonight. coming up with some friends and we are looking for a spot to grab a couple drinks prior. anyone have any ideas? i'm not too familiar with the upper west side or the beacon.
OASIS CHICAGO JUNE 20, 2005 MILWAUKEE MARCH 22, 2006 CHICAGO DECEMBER 12, 2008 -------- BEADY EYE/LG CHICAGO JUNE 18, 2011 MILWAUKEE DECEMBER 6, 2011 CHICAGO AUGUST 2, 2017 CHICAGO NOVEMBER 21, 2017 ---------- NOEL GALLAGHER'S HIGH FLYING BIRDS CHICAGO APRIL 1, 2012 MILWAUKEE APRIL 3, 2012 HAMMOND NOVEMBER 3, 2012 CHICAGO MAY 29, 2015 MILWAUKEE MAY 30, 2015 NASHVILLE JULY 2, 2016 CHICAGO FEBURARY 24, 2018 CHICAGO AUGUST 15, 2019
I have just returned home from Noel's Beacon Theater show tonight. It was my 5th Noel Gallagher show, in addition to 11 Oasis gigs and 3 Beady Eye shows. That's a lot of Gallagher brother action if I do say so myself!
Here are my blog style thoughts.............................
- Gig started at 8:15 PM. Shoot A Hole intro music.
- Loads of Liam Zombies in attendance. Its not 1996 anymore guys.
- Noel seemed extremely loose and relaxed. The most I've ever seen him like that. He bantered with the crowd every other song. Not just 2-3 words but 2-3 sentences with audiences interaction. Cool stuff.
- His banter topics included: July 4th celebrations, gun control, NYC, forgetting Sonny's age and how the setlist will always be the same. ALWAYS BE THE FUCKING SAME he stressed. Get use to it. duh!
- Nice to see Chris Sherrock back behind the drums. No offense to Jeremy Stacey but he kinda stuck out like a sore thumb in his bowler hat.
- I noticed what seemed to be a Dallas Cowboys star (Not having that. Go Pats!) on his black guitar during The Mexican and What A Life!
- No Stranded On The Wrong Beach. Very disappointed by that. Miss those sinister guitars. Filthy!
- New songs sounded great: Lock All The Doors, In The Heat of The Moment, Riverman, Ballad of The Mighty I, The Mexican (Good punky version). The brass section/guy added a lot to the live setting.
- In The Heat of The Moment is still a BEAST of a tune live. Noel sings the shit out of that song. I wish Noel figured out a way not to do the "Na na na na nas" on the studio version. They still sound very antagonizing. I still love it and it's one of my highlights off Chasing Yesterday.
- Some loud drunk guy kept shouting out Liam sung Oasis songs all gig. It made me think tomlivesforever hopped on a flight to the states (Just kidding bro).
- Very cool to FINALLY hear Listen Up. Never thought I'd get the pleasure.
- Big big crowd singing of Don't Go Away during the encore. It was so loud I thought it might inspire Noel to play it acoustically during the encore. Silly me. It didn't happen per usual!!!!!
- Great Wonderwall banter. "This one is responsible for everything, the cars, the houses, paying the mortgage, paying everyone's salaries, paying YOUR salaries, etc."
- Glad Noel went back to play Don't Look Back In Anger electric. That's the proper fucking version in my book.
- "See you SOONER rather than later" were some of Noel's last words on the night. I hope he is right.
- Show ended to "Ekkehard Ehlers - Plays John Cassavetes" AKA.....Beatles' Good Night cover/remix/whatever
"Loads of Liam Zombies in attendance. Its not 1996 anymore guys"
Thank you. To be fair, those guys did have some seriously authentic Liam haircuts going. No idea how one does it or wears it constantly out in public. Seems like something only a rock star could do daily.