Post by beentherenow on Sept 9, 2014 8:22:21 GMT -5
1. Definitely Maybe 2. Standing On The Shoulder of Giants (if Lets All Make Believe had been instead of PYMWYMI it'd be 1) 3. The Masterplan 4. Be Here Now 5. (What's The Story) Morning Glory 6. Dig Out Your Soul 7. Don't Believe The Truth
Post by mrmoonbeam on Oct 19, 2014 19:22:53 GMT -5
Was looking for this thread for ages.
1. Definitely Maybe: Any follow up is not even close, nowhere near, forget about it.
2. Be Here Now: Personal taste, really. I appreciate the notion people are mentioning in which yes, essentially it is a "what-could-have-been" album, but I fucking love it. All the hype r.e "it's just noise, coke-fulled noise, really loud and arrogant and self-indulgent"...yeah? Fucking good.
3. What's The Story: Exceptional album but the sound quality is appalling. Wonderwall sounds awful. The remaster didn't even save it. Hey Now, She's Electric and Swamp Song 1/2 could have been replaced by Acquiesce, Masterplan and Rockin' Chair. In all fairness however, pretty much nothing between this and BHN.
4. The Masterplan: Underneath The Sky, Fade Away, Headshrinker etc. Could have been released as a proper album minus IATW, Going Nowehere and Listen Up with Whatever added in.
5. Don't Believe The Truth: As noted in the thread about the album, loved it more so because it was such a proper come back from it's predecessors. Eyeball Tickler over Mucky Fingers for me, can't believe that was a single. But Lyla, TIOBI and Let There Be Love are amazing singles, don't understand all the sick the latter gets? And how about Turn Up The Sun, quality intro. As with positions 2 and 3 it's hard to place this really.
6. Dig Out Your Soul: Not sure if I really have a massive opinion on this album, to be honest. Some days it really interests me, other times I find it plain and dispensable. I'm Outta Time is fantastic imo. That's about it.
7. SOTSOG: Go Let It Out/Gas Panic/WDIAGW. The rest isn't even worthy of mention. Let's All Make Believe, which is easily the best song of that period for them doesn't even make the cut, which was a horrendous decision for someon to make.
8. Heathen Chemistry: So, so shocking. See above SOTSOG comment but with Little By Little and Songbird (which isn't really a great song, but for whatever reason I never seem to skip it). Not on the album directly I know but would like to say, Thank You For The Good Times is one of the most embarrassing Oasis moments.
Post by The Milkman & The Riverman on Oct 20, 2014 15:32:16 GMT -5
1)MG 2)BHN 3)SOTSOG 4)DM (sorry DM, i know youre a classic thing, it's not me it's the evil people who made me choose, i love you anyway, hear you soon ) 5)DBTT 6)HC 7)DOYS (sorry DOYS, something is wrong with you)
Classic 1. Be Here Now - the most "Oasis" Oasis album 2. Definitely Maybe - amazing, but Shakermaker is annoying 3. (What's the Story) Morning Glory? - amazing, but it doesn't stand up to repeated listens as well as DM and BHN
Excellent 4. Standing on the Shoulder of Giants - Great production and IMO *this* was the last Oasis album in the style of the first three, not BHN. 5. Dig Out Your Soul - Noel's contribution is classic. The other stuff is *okay*
Good 6. Don't Believe the Truth - Noel's worst contribution to an Oasis album--the other band members save it... though A Bell Will Ring is embarrassing. 7. BE - great production, some impressive songs, awful lyrics 8. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - a poorly produced rehash of DBTT, but none of the songs are bad per se. A few of them are excellent.
Bad 9. Heathen Chemistry - Force of Nature is a crime against humanity
1. (What's the story) Morning Glory? - 8,7 2. Definitely Maybe - 8,45 3. Be Here Now - 7,5 4. The Masterplan - 7,41 5. Standing on the Shoulder of Giants - 7,2 6. BE - 7,2 7. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - 7 8. Different Gear, Still Speeding - 6,96 9. Dig Out Your Soul - 6,90 10. Heathen Chemistry - 6,59 11. Don't Believe the Truth - 6,59
1. DM 2. WTSMG? (1 and 2 change daily) 3. TM 4. SOTSOG 5. BHN (Shortened songs and replace Magic Pie w/ Going Nowhere, and All Around the World Reprise w/ Stay Young and alter the track arrangement, it's #3) 6. DBTT 7. DOYS 8. HC
1. Definitely Maybe 10/10 2. (What's the Story) Morning Glory? 8/10 3. Standing on the Shoulder of Giants 7.5/10 4. Be Here Now 7/10 5. Dig Out Your Soul 6.5/10 6. Don't Believe the Truth 6/10 7. Heathen Chemistry 5/10
Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds - 7.5/10 BE - 6/10 Different Gear, Still Speeding 4/10