Yeah it’s a genuinely great time to be an Oasis/Gallagher fan.
Shame some “fans” have to spread so much negativity.
I don’t enjoy what Liam’s doing that much right now but I simply don’t post in his threads.
Shame the people who don’t like Noel’s music / stage show / interviews can’t do the same.
It’s like Groundhog Day in this place sometimes.
Wonderful bit of nimbyism.
Yeah it is. I’m not bothered about what Taylor Swift does so I stay out of her forums too. And The Spice Girls forums. I don’t post in any forums of artists I’m not interested in. Maybe when Liam takes down the “rock n roll” flag and makes some actual rock n roll music again I’ll start going into his backyard again. X
- There is no point in actually producing CD single physically anymore. I don’t even have a CD player anymore. That includes my cars. Eventually they won’t even make albums on CDs.
- Holy Mountain is a big solo hit for Noel. Yes it “only” got to #31 but it lasted in the charts for 10 weeks. That is a long time for a wrinkled old Noel Gallagher. When I saw Noel in Camden this summer it was the song that got the crowd most fired up outside Oasis material.
- Just because some people on Twitter or this forum bang the pots and the pans the loudest doesn’t actually mean anything they are saying is actually valid. The great myth that Holy Mountain got a terrible reaction and MOON didn’t sell are extremely inaccurate when using what limited data tools are remaining (streams, physical sales, chart placement, tour sales).
- Most artist as time goes on and they get older sell less and less of their products. It happens to everyone. So it’s really not fair to Oasis or Liam or Noel and compare it to their previous glory days. As long as the artists are happy making music and sharing it is all that should matter.
- Nobody is making anyone listen to Noel or Liam. If you think the party is over you can easily move along or jam out to the older material.
- It’s been a tremendous run with this band and brothers. Let’s all just try and enjoy it in our golden years.
I like the bang the pots and pans remark.....
I look forward to some new releases......I don't expect Noël's new music to be the best ever; it's probably my age.....I think a lot of the people banging the pots and pans are really young....
Also, the U.K. isn't the nexxus of the universe; I'm the only American who knows the countries which make up the U.K - seriously, ask an American if they know, they won't....
The problem I have is that Noel talks the talk but the songs aren’t holding up. Especially when you think he was doing stuff like this 20 years ago:
To be fair to Noely Poly he wasn’t doing stuff like Let Forever Be 20 years ago... The Chemical Brothers were.
He’s only just learning how to do this sort of music properly himself now.
I think these EPs are experiments. It will be interesting to see where he goes from here with the next album proper. Hopefully he can marry the new production style and beats with the melodies and choruses we all love him for and create some absolute monsters.
In Noels next interview he will say how he loves looking at a blue sky on a sunny day, followed by a social media onslaught consisting of statements such as "arrogant fookin Tory boy has forgot where he comes from, it's never fookin sunny in Manchester, I won't be buying anything he releases again" it's only music, not life and fuckin death
Hes being called a tory boy because hes made it pretty clear his opinion is i have loads of money and fuck the rest of you.
Hes brought everything on himself with all he's said.